Posted by Dennis Kenney on March 16, 2002 at 10:29:09:
I have a 1976 Buccaneer 270. I'm not sure if I have osmosis in my hull. There are small indentations in the hull but they look like barnacle damage.
1. Could a hull 26 years old have osmosis? I would think it would have delaminated by now if it did.
2. What is the best way to test the hull for osmosis? I would think, drilling a small core sample and testing it for moisture.
3. What moisture tester is best?
4. Is there an acid tester for this purpose?
3. Is there any way to adapt the HotVac process for the average boat owner who cannot afford professional HotVac, i.e. buy a vacuum pump and make your own heat vacuum pads. It seems the heat control is the hardest thing to achieve.
Post a Followup